Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hic...hic...Drunk?

Had a scare last week.

I am constipating very badly. The pregnancy hormones relaxes the digestive muscles so they get a bit lax. I have been a, ehem, very "regular person", every morning without fail, but this week it got worse.

So I went to get fruits. Loads of them.

My favourite is the Sarawak pineapple. Sweet and juicy. Can't get enough.

Then I also had longans - I must've have eaten at least half a kilo! Sedappp. Juicy, succulent and sweet.

Then papaya, rock melon and rambutans.

Hmmm. For lunch AND dinner. That filled me up. Then it happened.

I was lying on my back. Usually the baby would move when I do that. But tonight - NO MOVEMENT.

I waited and waited. For the next 2 days and 2 nights. NO MOVEMENT!!.

I read all the antenatal books about fetal movements but most only mention the case for action when you are almost due or overdue - which I am neither.

Anyway, at 20 weeks, if there are no fetal movements either -

1) My fat layer is soo darn thick I can't feel much
2) Wait for the next checkup (which was like 2 weeks away)
3) Go to the Dr

At 20 weeks, there is not much that can be done. Womb is still best. If there is no heartbeat found then, sorry. The body will expel the "remnants" naturally within 3 weeks. No medical intervention needed.

I decided to go to the Dr, though my husband said I should wait - coz the baby's probably asleep. I have eaten A LOT OF FRUITS, remember? The fruits probably turned to liquor and made the baby drunk. Hmmmmmmmm.

But I did anyway. My peace of mind is most important. I need to know. Good news or bad news.

So off I went to the see the Dr. He was quite perplexed. But he examined me anyway. The moment he put the heartbeat monitor, I could hear the heartbeat, beating fast and strong. Oh THANK GOD! He also checked whether I was leaking any amniotic fluid. But no.

"Dont worry too much. Your baby is OK. This is not your first right? I know the miscarriage might have scared you but everything looks fine for the moment".

I was almost crying, thinking how silly, but GLAD that everything's OK.

AND the fruits only helped me for one day. I'm back constipating the day after. Guess I have to eat more fruits...pass me that bag of duku-langsat please...

8 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

Take lotsa fruits and soya beans, it's good for the baby.

bakerina said...

angel eyes>> soya beans give me gas ah...

Angel Eyes said...

hehe.. sorry la dear... :)

do drop by my blog if you have the time ok?

bakerina said...

angel eyes>> there's no blog on your profile. Care to give me the url?

Angel Eyes said...

it's at shoesaddict.blogspot.com

how do you feel today? better?

Nour said...

hi ya, I heard prunes is the best to fight constipation..it works well for my sis when she had the same problem!

bakerina said...

nour>> Hi Nour! Nope, prunes didnt do it for me. Still have to have fresh fruits EVERYDAY. Lots of it.

bakerina said...

hyde>>thanks!